¿Aún no te has suscrito a nuestra newsletter?

Hazlo aquí y recibe información pensada especialmente para ti:

Ribera del Duero
Ribera del Duero


Weather in Ribera

24 ene 2022


Error message

  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 46 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--banner-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 46 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--banner-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 30 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--contenido-destacado-en-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 31 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--contenido-destacado-en-inicio--block.tpl.php).

San Juan Bautista Church

Cultural resource




In 1991 it was declared "Asset of Cultural Interest" with category of Monument.

The church stands in the heart of the village as an articulating element of the different neighborhoods.

In 1577 it began to fulfill the parochial functions in spite of which the Church was not finished until half-full of Century XVII (1650), and in 1755 in its totality.

The project had been started by the Sebastián Arandino maestro, whom he replaced in 1558, his son-in-law Juan Vélez, master stonemason of the Diocese of Sigüenza.

Between 1628 and 1641 a second construction phase took place in charge of the trasmeranos Sancho de la Riva and Francisco de Fonfrida who carried out two other sections of the ship and erected the tower and spindle to the level of the body of the church.

While this was going on, D. Cristóbal de Guzmán and Santoyo Beltrán erected a family funeral chapel in the central years of the century to the north of the factory, in the first section of the gospel nave, and at the same time the tower with a body of bells.

The work of the Church was paid by the people of Guzmán, in its execution all the neighbors contributed.

Already at the beginning of the 18th century the access cover and a new sacristy were carried out. In the middle of the century, the prestigious Basque master Domingo de Ondátegui made a reinforcing bracket towards the atrium, between the second and third section of the lateral nave.

The last area erected was the chapel of Nuestra Señora del Rosario south of the ship, the first section of the nave of the epistle.

In 1794 the Alavés Antonio Orrutía and Francisco Labrador; neighbor of Quintanamanvirgo, paved the whole factory. Thus, after almost two and a half centuries of works, it concluded the parochial temple that, in our days, presents an adequate state of conservation, fruit of the interest of the community of Guzmán and of the restoration initiatives of the 90s of the past century

The church imposes by its grandeur. In the last years of the last XX century, its electric lighting prolongs at night this function of milestone in the serene Castilian landscape.





Valbuena de Duero

Bodega Emina


Pesquera de Duero

La Posada de Pesquera


San Esteban de Gormaz

Casa Rural El Rincón de Elena




La Vid y Barrios

Grupo El Lagar de Isilla