DOMINIO DE ATAUTA: ATAUTA VALLEY EXPERIENCE+ GOURMET TASTING
ATAUTA VALLEY EXPERIENCE
The visit starts at the bodega, with abrief explanation of the location. From here ,we start a tour through the vineyard on a vehicle owned by the bodega, with the following stops:
- OLD BODEGAS VIEWPOINT: The first stop is a viewpoint from which we can see the old quarter of bodegas in the small village of Atauta. It has been recently declared a Cultural Heritage Site, and here is where the entire region's wine tradition was born.
- HIGH POINT: We will visit a vineyard located at approximately 1,000 metres above sea level, one of the highest in Ribera del Duero and at the limit of altitude for wine growing.
- VISIT TO LA ROZA: A 165 YEAR OLD VINEYARD La Roza is a vineyard located in a garrigue and holm forest glade. With vines reaching 165 years of age, it was doomed to disappear until Bodegas Dominio de Atauta initiated a recovery plan to maintain this winemaking heritage. During the visit, we will learn how this vineyard returned to life and get a close view of the centenary vines.
- VISIT TO LA MALA: La Mala is another exceptional vineyard belonging to Dominio de Atauta in which we make the exclusive ‘Single Vineyards’ collection. This 130 year old vineyard teaches us the basis of the valley's soils with limestone rock playing apredominant role. From this point, we will in itiate our way back to the bodega for a wine tasting.
TOUR OF THE BODEGA AND TASTING
Following our visit to the Atauta Valley, we will go on a short tour through the bodega to learn first hand how we work. Next, we will carry out a tasting in which we will compare two different styles of wine that we make in both of our projects:
- La Celestina Crianza and La Celestina Vendimia Seleccionada, which are part of the Atalayas de Golbán project and follow the traditional style of Ribera del Duero;
- Parada de Atauta and Dominio de Atauta, with aparticular style marked by the Atauta Valley's vineyards.
- Visitors will have the option of completing the winetasting with a tasting of excellent Manchego-style cheeses made at Quesería 1605, which is a small traditional cheese factory located in Herencia, CiudadReal.
ATAUTA VALLEY EXPERIENCE+ GOURMET TASTING
Visit to the Atauta Valley
Tasting of 4 wines
Tasting of Manchego-style cheeses from Quesería 1605
- From Monday to Thursday: check availability.
- Saturdays: 11:00 and 16:30 h.
- Sundays: 11:00 h.
La Ruta del Vino Ribera del Duero no se responsabiliza del contenido y condiciones de las promociones que ofertan sus adheridos en las páginas www.riberate.com y www.rutedelvinoriberadelduero.es