Pedraja de San Esteban
The pedrajeños are also known for the "aguachaos" because of the amount of water that flows in its term, by which our Douro runs.
In the census of 1879, Pedraja de San Esteban was listed as "place, arrabal" of San Esteban de Gormaz, then known as Pedraja, then had 48 inhabitants.
The Church of St. María Magdalena was restored a few years ago, thanks to the contribution of the Teresian religious, daughter of the people, Delfina Macarrón.
Typical of this town are the home-made flour pastries soaked in wine, made in the country homes.
They continue to practice the bald and bowling games and celebrate their festivities in honor of St. María Magdalena on August 22 although they have moved to June 22. They also keep the day of San Isidro.
Gentilicio de San Esteban: pedrajeños.