Villálvaro or Villalbaro (as cited in the 1879 Florida Census) is a hamlet of St. Stephen of Gormaz since the late twentieth century.
This small town has one of the few representations of conical fireplace architecture in the region.It has three temples:
- The Hermitage of San Pedro, of Romanesque origin
- St Mames Church
- Hermitage of the Virgin of Las Lagunas
Signs of the fantastic natural environment that Villálvaro possesses are the cycle-tourism stage of the Camino del Cid, the Ruta de la Lana ( a commercial road that transported the wool of La Alcarria and the cloths of Cuenca, honey and cereal to Medina del Campo and Burgos, and that today crosses the town until arriving to Mecerreyes (Burgos), being one of the points of passage of the pilgrims towards Santiago de Compostela )and the majestic white poplar fused with ash, of almost 29 meters of height, which is found in the forest of Ribera del Rio Rejas.
This village of 252 inhabitants and is 11 kms from San Esteban de Gormaz.
Gentilicio de Villálvaro: villalvarinos.