Convent of Santo Domingo de Guzman
The Dominican Fathers' Convent began to be built in 1952, taking care that the type of construction did not clash with the structure and austerity of the Royal Monastery. Except for the top on the corners with squat towers, it looks like one.
The building was built around the Torreón, remaining in the courtyard of the convent. Another remnant of the former ancestral home of the Santo family is the Winery of Beata Juana de Aza, mother of Santo Domingo. The winery is a rectangular vaulted space where, according to documents, Doña Juana performed the miracle of the multiplication of the wine vat to distribute it to the most needy. For this reason she was canonized. A relief in alabaster by Andrew M. Abelenda recalls the fact.
The convent complex has a chapel, presided over by an artistic Gothic crucifix, whose cross and crossbeams are Romanesque. In the same chapel there is a carving of the Virgin dating from the sixteenth century and another polychrome baroque carving of Santo Domingo. The ceiling is decorated with stained glass windows representing the nine ways of praying in Santo Domingo, made by Father Iturgaiz.
In the convent there is also a Dominican museum with pieces of different value related to the Order. In another room are housed several sculptures of Father Alfonso Salas, worthy of contemplation.
Nowadays it is House of Spirituality.