Iglesia de San Esteban
In the southeast of the hill, it is located safeguarding the old walls, the church of San Esteban, rustic construction with medieval defensive tower. On the cover, dedicated to the saint who gives it its name, we find the date of its construction in 1611, which details the charitable character of the inhabitants of Roa, this being a work of alms among neighbors of the parish of Santestebeña.
The building is of Gothic style and today it conserves two of its three naves, due to the numerous renovations that the temple has suffered.
Several are the altars that the church shares, among which the Santísimo Cristo de San Esteban and the Cristo de Durón stand out, of which, the legends and traditions have echoed on several occasions.
Among the other pieces, there is a small collection of images of various saints, as well as several sargas with the scenes of the Passion of Christ painted.
The church houses in its interior the imagery of Holy Week, robust and of considerable dimensions, in addition to maintaining the austere feature of the Castilian Passion, which is why this church is also known as "The one of the Jews". During these dates, this temple is the epicenter of almost all the processions, being practically the only time of year in which it is visitable.