Iglesia de Santa Clara
TOURIST OFFICE: Tuesday to Sunday (Tomorrow)
WINTER (from October 1 to March 31)
From 10:00 to 14:00 and from 16:30 to 19:00 Hours.
SUMMER (from April 1 to September 30)
From 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Plaza del Coso, 31-32.
47300 Peñafiel (Valladolid)
+34 983 881526
Building of octagonal central plant built in 1698 is, nowadays, Well of Cultural Interest. It is the church of what is currently the Hotel Spa Convento Las Claras, although it maintains its liturgical functionality.
The convent was founded in 1607, by the second wife of D. Pedro Téllez Girón, Mrs. Isabel de la Cueva. The Church, work of the last decade of the seventeenth century has an octagonal central plan with elliptical dome, covered with colorful plasterwork of the early eighteenth century. A triumphal arch of half a point, gives access to the main chapel, of small dimensions, covered with lunettes decoration. At the feet is the high choir. Inside, numerous altarpieces decorate the main altar and perimeter walls.
To the outside, the façade stands out, with two sections, the lower one with a semicircular arch flanked by perforated pilasters, and the upper one with small dimensions with a niche, topped by a pediment. On the walls of the Convent, a remarkable half-point arched doorway is covered, covered by a tile roof, flanked by the shields of the founders.
You can visit during the summer only on Sundays in the hours before worship. The rest of the year remains closed.
Mass Schedule: Summer: Sundays 10:00.