¿Aún no te has suscrito a nuestra newsletter?

Hazlo aquí y recibe información pensada especialmente para ti:

Ribera del Duero
Ribera del Duero


Weather in Ribera

26 oct 2021


Error message

  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 90 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--ocio--block-1.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in include() (line 90 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--ocio--block-1.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 46 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--banner-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 46 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--banner-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 46 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--banner-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 30 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--contenido-destacado-en-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 31 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--contenido-destacado-en-inicio--block.tpl.php).

Church of St.Ginés



Cultural resource






It is located in the center of the town. The temple has two naves separated by two half-point arches that rest in pilasters. The main nave is covered with par and row roof of Mudejar tradition, with heraldry, typical of the sixteenth century, reused this in the complete transformation that the church underwent in the eighteenth century. A Baroque swordsman was built on the western fait. In 1814 the interior of the building was completely rebuilt. The portique gallery, the cover and the ledge of the southern wall remain from the primitive Romanesque factory. In fact, the portico is visible from 2001, at which time its arches are opened, until then blinded, as can be seen in the photographs. The blinded portico of ashlar had been used as a storage room. Today there are five arches in and the start of a sixth that must have been shattered during one of the temple reforms. It follows that the southern side of the portico has six arches, three on each side of the cover, although one of them has been lost and another one closing on the western side. It is possible that there were also two arches closing the eastern side of the gallery, since you can see some vestige. The decoration of the capitals, which is now perfectly visible, represents animal and figurative motifs. From left to right on the southern front: in the first, a pair of birds with long necks intertwined next to a tree with spherical fruits, in the second, a centaur-sagittarius with its arrow pointing to a canid of two heads and a quadruped biting the legs to another, in the third three characters on a boat and Samson fighting the lion, in the fourth, two large quadrupeds, in the fifth a storyful scene of martyrdom in which a character naked and tied hands on a foal receives the suffering by three figu Ras. One of them tries to ston, but a woman stops him. The latter represents the lamb attacked by wolves.


The western-side capital shows two naked figures in front of a huge quadruped and an evil character.The cover, half-pointed, has three arches: inside rosettes of four petals inside circles, the central one with a pyramidal trunk and tips and the exterior with trunk, intern and balls of inscribed crosses.


The temple was parish until 1842.


The similarity of the cover of San Ginés to that of Saint Martin suggests that both temples are contemporaneous and mid-twelfth century.







Aranda de Duero

Asador José María


Aranda de Duero

Finca Torremilanos