¿Aún no te has suscrito a nuestra newsletter?

Hazlo aquí y recibe información pensada especialmente para ti:

Suscríbete!
Ribera del Duero
Ribera del Duero

7ºC

Weather in Ribera

05 dic 2021

×

Error message

  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 46 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--banner-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 46 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--banner-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 46 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--banner-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 30 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--contenido-destacado-en-inicio--block.tpl.php).
  • Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in include() (line 31 of /usr/home/rutadelvinoriberadelduero/www/sites/all/themes/rutadelvino2/templates/views-view-fields--contenido-destacado-en-inicio--block.tpl.php).

Blog -

Parish Church of Saint Cristobal

Prácticas

13/01/2020 - 14:10

Building built in stone in the thirteenth century, with reforms in the sixteenth and eighteenth centuries. It has a single nave covered with wood. The tower at the head, in stone, has only one body.

Tower of a stone body, very solid, of baroque style, located above the head of the parish church. Double windows open in semicircular arches on the east side and unique windows on the south and north sides. The west side is made of brick and has a small opening to access the roof. Next to the tower is the spiral staircase, made of stone, which ascends to the interior of the Tower. Its access is from a small door next to the presbytery, together with the cords to ring the two bells.

During 2009 and 2010 a complete restoration of the church tower was carried out, looking today with a cleaner image.

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Our Lady of the Assumption Church

Prácticas

13/01/2020 - 13:57

Church of transition from Romanesque to Gothic with numerous later modifications. On the outside, the belfry flaps with a striking five-bell body. The interior features the Romanesque toral arch resting on beautiful medieval capitals and the sculptural ensemble of the Descent, the work of a master imager with a strong personality.

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Parish Church of Saint Cristobal

Prácticas

13/01/2020 - 13:34

Temple built according to the canons of baroque architecture of the second half of the 17th century. It may have replaced an older church, probably Romanesque. It seems that the traces of the building were originally of Latin cross, although the project remained unfinished and the arms of the transept were not raised. At the foot of the nave, close to the western end, stands a tower of two bodies, with masonry walls with ashlars reinforcing corners and openings. The lower body is solid and ends in a marked cornice that supports the upper body, where large semicircular arches are opened to house the bells. The original tower collapsed and was rebuilt in the early forties of the last century.

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Virgin Church of the Assumption

Prácticas

13/01/2020 - 13:09

A Romanesque-Gothic building dating from the 13th century, with reforms in the 16th and 18th centuries. It has two naves, separated by pillars, which support semicircular arches and covered with ceiling vaults with plasterworks. High choir, at the foot.

It is accessed by a doorway, on the Gospel side, in a Romanesque arch. The tower, located at the feet, is built in stone and has three bodies. The main altarpiece, a baroque work from the 17th century, is also outstanding in its internal.

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Ermita de Nuestra Señora de Nava

Prácticas

22/10/2019 - 14:06

Built in the early eighteenth century by Antonio García and Diego de Arce, the enclosure contains a beautiful Gothic image of the Virgin of Nava.

Formed by a transept, belfry, a single nave, choir, sacristy, brick vault, three baroque altarpieces, pulpit and lateral altarpieces dedicated to San Antonio de Padua and San José.

In the center is the main altarpiece of Nuestra Señora de Nava from 1720, clad in a nervously carved ornamentation, where figures of angels and putis and Salomonic columns are observed.

The image of Our Lady of Nava is on a golden wooden float. In front of the cart are the four evangelists: San Marcos (León), San Lucas (Toro), San Mateo (Ángel) and San Juan (Aguila).

 

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Parish Church of S. Miguel Arcángel

Prácticas

22/10/2019 - 13:57

Baroque church, built on an earlier one in the 17th century. It is a church with a living room plan, with three naves (the largest wider than those on the sides), choir with Baroque organ, chapel of La Soledad on the north face, Main chapel with Baroque altarpiece in the Presbytery and Baroque sacristy on the south side. Tower-Bell tower of the seventeenth century containing 6 bells dated between 1716, 1732, 1745, 1758, 1877 and 1980.

The doorway is sheltered under an arch that ends in a curious balustrade; the tower, situated at the head, is crowned with a small belfry. The large eyeglasses that appear on the façade and the cemetery with its trees make up an unusual picture.

The foundation stone was laid in the main chapel on June 12, 1653, and the main part of the temple was finished in 1663.

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Monastery of Santo Domingo de Guzman

Prácticas

11/10/2019 - 10:28

The history of the monastery dates back to two years after the death of Santo Domingo (1221). Blessed Manés built a chapel at his brother’s birthplace, Domingo. In 1266, King Alfonso X the Wise, related to the Guzmán, had a Gothic church built. Years later, the manor house was transformed into a convent, moving to this, a community of nuns of San Esteban de Gormaz (Soria) who receive the privilege of Lordship of the place.

In the 16th century a new church was built and the original chapel and the head of the Gothic church were destroyed, leaving the remains as a choir of the nuns. The church of the monastery is made of ashlar stone, with a single nave and cruciform plan. In the northern part is the access door with a baroque doorway. The main altarpiece has three canvases by Blas de Cervera (1594-1643), representing scenes from the saint’s life, and crowned by a wooden calvary from the Gregorio Fernández School.

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Convent of Santo Domingo de Guzman

Prácticas

11/10/2019 - 10:04

The Dominican Fathers' Convent began to be built in 1952, taking care that the type of construction did not clash with the structure and austerity of the Royal Monastery. Except for the top on the corners with squat towers, it looks like one.

The building was built around the Torreón, remaining in the courtyard of the convent. Another remnant of the former ancestral home of the Santo family is the Winery of Beata Juana de Aza, mother of Santo Domingo. The winery is a rectangular vaulted space where, according to documents, Doña Juana performed the miracle of the multiplication of the wine vat to distribute it to the most needy. For this reason she was canonized. A relief in alabaster by Andrew M. Abelenda recalls the fact.

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Church of San Sebastián

Prácticas

11/10/2019 - 09:41

The parish church of San Sebastian, from the beginning of the 12th century, is in the Romanesque style. From its original structure remains the tower, part of the arch of the entrance door and a biforia window; and in its interior the presbytery of absidal form; totally renewed with a window at the end and a cornice of dice in all its perimeter.

It is also interesting the cover of three smooth arches, the central one resting on columns with simple Corinthian capitals. There is also a beautiful Christ hanging over the Romanesque altar. It is the site of the first burial of Blessed Juana de Aza, mother of Santo Domingo de Guzmán. In the small baptistery was baptized Santo Domingo. The baptismal font was transferred by Alfonso X to the convent of the nuns for safekeeping until 1605. Currently it is in the Monastery of the Dominican Mothers of Santo Domingo el Real , in Madrid, where members of the Spanish Royal House continue to be baptized.

(...)

Seguir leyendo

Church of San Nicolás de Bari

Prácticas

09/10/2019 - 15:09

    The parish church of San Nicolás de Bari was declared as "Good of Cultural Interest" in the category of Monument in 1964.

    (...)

    Seguir leyendo