05/07/2019 - 11:23
On the slopes of Monte de San Pedro, Peña San Jorge, Pico de la Horca and Tallar, which surround the village, there are numerous wineries.
However, it is two kilometers from the town, where you can find the oldest winery in the Ribera del Duero, in the uninhabited area of San Martín de Bañuelos. The first document referred to the enclave dates from 1179, when it belonged to King Alfonso VIII, although it could be earlier, since in that area there could be a Roman villa.
Three walls and a stone carved pile with a tap are preserved from the cellar. The cava is accessed through a ramp, consists of a ship of 25 meters in length and a zarcera of 12 meters. In the galleries you can see the cabins that house the vats topped by arches.
05/07/2019 - 11:06
The Convent of the Dominican Fathers began to be built in 1952, taking care that the type of construction did not clash with the structure and austerity of the Royal Monastery.
Except for the auction in the corners with chalked towers, it seems all one. The building was built around the Tower, leaving it in the courtyard of the convent. Another rest of the old manor house of the Santo family is the Bodega de la Beata Juana de Aza, mother of Santo Domingo.
28/06/2019 - 11:48
Gothic church that preserves several elements of the ancient Romanesque temple such as walls and front. This one has a semicircular arch, folded over by nacelle and supported by beautiful imposts and pilasters. Inside, other Romanesque elements stand out, such as the aguabenditera basin (square base, ochavado stem and gallonado in the upper part) and the baptismal font of a hemispherical glass blended on the outside and shaped like a scallop inside.
27/06/2019 - 10:37
Well of Cultural Interest since 1996.
Adored by the Sanestebeños, this church houses in its interior the venerated Virgen del Rivero, patron saint of the town, in whose honor the patron saint festivities are celebrated and the day of Concord, on May 1, in which 30 towns come to the town with its banners and offering them to the Virgin.
It is a Romanesque porticoed church of the twelfth century, which follows the model of its neighbor San Miguel, and which stands on top of a hill majestically presiding over the town of San Esteban de Gormaz.
25/06/2019 - 12:13
National Monument since 1976.
The church conserves its original, sandstone factory. It is composed of a single nave, a semicircular headland to the east, a porticoed portal and gallery to the south, and a tower to the northeast.
The importance of this temple is due to the existing inscription in one of its 25 corbels, located on the cornice of the porticoed gallery representing a monk with an open book in his hands and in which you can read: "+ IVLIA / NUS MA / GISTER / FECIT / ERA / MC / XV / IIII ". "Master Julianus made me in the era of 1119" (year 1081). Thus, the church can be dated between 1050 and 1081. For this reason we have not only the oldest porticoed gallery in Castile, but also the oldest romantic temples in the southern area of the Douro.
25/06/2019 - 09:30
In the southeast of the hill, it is located safeguarding the old walls, the church of San Esteban, rustic construction with medieval defensive tower. On the cover, dedicated to the saint who gives it its name, we find the date of its construction in 1611, which details the charitable character of the inhabitants of Roa, this being a work of alms among neighbors of the parish of Santestebeña.
The building is of Gothic style and today it conserves two of its three naves, due to the numerous renovations that the temple has suffered.
Several are the altars that the church shares, among which the Santísimo Cristo de San Esteban and the Cristo de Durón stand out, of which, the legends and traditions have echoed on several occasions.
Among the other pieces, there is a small collection of images of various saints, as well as several sargas with the scenes of the Passion of Christ painted.
19/06/2019 - 14:51
It must have begun to build at the beginning of the sixteenth century on another minor located in the same place, Romanesque traces, since the remains that came to our days of the old cemetery attached to the church and the sacristy retained arches, own Romanesque buildings, the town grew and the church was too small to accommodate all attendees, which is why we proceeded to the extension of the temple now cut ogival.
19/06/2019 - 11:02
As of 2014, the Watchtower of Quintanilla was declared a Cultural Interest with a monument category. In addition, a protection environment has been delimited due to its location from where it dominates a wide landscape, which includes the Castle of Gormaz, Alcubilla del Marques and San Esteban.
The place where the Atalaya is located enjoys an excellent visual panorama, which makes it a landscapeviewpoint of great spatial projection.