Pago de los Capellanes
Our winery takes its name from the Chaplaincy that was located in Pedrosa between the 13th and 14th centuries. The lands were confiscated during Mendizábal’s seizure of property in 1855, but the villagers continued to refer to it as Pago de los Capellanes (Chaplain’s Plot).
The original plot only held a few thousand vines, planted using traditional low individual vines. The Rodero-Villa family, with their exceptional team, focused on a very specific way of making wine. Their efforts have allowed the Pago de los Capellanes to spread out over 100 ha of vineyards of the Tempranillo variety, planted mainly using the cane method.
Limited production allows for strict quality controls over the end product, and ensures all the batches are supervised personally.
There are winery and vineyard tours, visits to the underground cellar, wine sampling sessions and wine sales in the winery.
Route around the facilities and the vineyard, visit to underground cellar, wine tasting and wine sales in the winery.