Quintana del Pidio
The first documented reference about Quintana del Pidio is in the year 1037.
At the end of the 11th century, Quintana is a perfectly organized Villa with more than a century and a half of history behind it. It is believed that Villa de Quintana was born as a result of the great march of the Counts of Castile to the border of the Duero.
All this sector of the right of the river Douro was offered with its width, lands, waters and forests to the Castilian repobladores that were distributed forming terms under the supervision of the counts.
The Modern Age was of relative prosperity which allowed the Villa to acquire a beautiful parish church, with good altarpieces and imagery, as well as maintaining the Hermitage of Ntra. Sra. de los Olmos with splendor, outside the town, which presents elements from the fifteenth and seventeenth centuries.
The Villa has managed to maintain the structure of its Castilian being in the fundamental lines of local tradition, honesty of life and transcendence of it.
Gentilicy of Quintana del Pidio: quintanapidienses.