Museo del Real Monasterio Santo Domingo
The monastic group was the initiative of Alfonso X El Sabio, in 1266.
Visitable stays are the Church and its Sacristy, the Crypt and the Cloister. This cloister originally only had one floor, on which later another one would be built in brick. In the Sacristy of the church there is a Gothic Christ, and from it, one descends to the Crypt that keeps the remains of Father Manuel Suárez in a funerary monument escorted by four monks, made in granite and alabaster by R. Lapayese.
This crypt was built in the mid-twentieth century, it highlights the Pocito, which is a well that indicates the exact place where Santo Domingo was born. The Cloister was built between the thirteenth and fifteenth centuries (late Romanesque). It preserves remains of the different stages of its construction such as the low cloister with semicircular arches over paired columns, a Gothic ogival door and the 18th century overclause built in brick.
The Museum, installed in a Gothic room, offers pieces of high artistic and historical interest, among them: polychrome stone carvings of the Virgin and the Angel Anunciador. The historical treasure is in the Monacal Archive, where papal bulls, letters, privileges of kings, rolled documents, letters of San Raimundo de Peñafort, etc. are kept. The oldest document dates from the 10th century.